We have volunteer opportunities to suit all interests and commitment levels, from holding a Committee Position for the entire school year to just helping with a one-time event or sending in items needed. Any amount of time you give to Governor’s Ranch Elementary is an amazing gift to our students and staff.
There are so many ways to get involved…here are a few more ideas:
- PTA Meetings – Come to our meetings (every 2nd Monday of the month) and find out the latest on upcoming school events, committee projects, financial updates and more. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Accountability Meetings – The GRE Advisory Team meets for an hour and a half before the PTA meetings on the 2nd Monday of the month. The school accountability committee serves in an advisory role to the principal in implementing the accountability process in the school. This role includes approving the School Improvement/Accreditation Plan, and reviewing and reporting progress towards goals and objectives established by the plan.
- Events – Join the fun helping out at any (or all!) of our events, many of which help raise essential funds for our school.
- Committees – If there is any specific committee of interest to you, dive in! Or simply pitch in whenever gardening, art, or other committee projects help is requested. Committees can almost always use more hands, so if you would like to help, please reach out to the committee co-chairs directly.
- Classroom – Contact teachers to find out how you can help out in the classroom.
- PTA Board – New board members are elected every year depending on length of term — a great way to become directly involved in improving our school!
- Grant Writing – Do you have experience with writing grants? Any assistance or expertise in this area would greatly benefit us in seeking funding for programs through grants.
- Watch D.O.G.S. – Dads and other father figures can spend a day in the school with their children through this innovative program.
- Other Ideas – Got ideas for other ways to help? If you have any special talents/connections that you think might be useful, please feel free to let us know.