Raccoon Run: Program Details
We are excited to announce that the Raccoon Run is here! The Raccoon Run is the biggest fundraiser GRE does every year and has helped provide MANY resources for the school, including Smart Boards for classrooms, laptops for teachers, Chromebooks for students, ukulele for the music room, art Studio supplies and SO much more!
- The Raccoon Run Fundraising Drive will kick off on Wed, 10/4 with a pep-rally!
- The official 2023 Raccoon Run will be on Thurs morning, 10/12
- Students will walk, skip, hop or run around one of two courses that will be setup in the same location as last year, south of the baseball field next to the school
- Families are welcome to attend and cheer on the runners!
The kids had so much fun the last few years that we’ve decided to keep the same format and will be offering a ‘raffle’ type format for winning various prizes, which include a few big ticket items as well as fun experiences! This type of format should make it even easier for ALL of our students and families to have a chance to earn special prizes, regardless of the amount of money that is raised.
Throughout the pledging campaign, students will be able to choose which prizes and rewards they would like to put their raffle tickets towards (with parent/guardian permission). At the end of the campaign, we will then have a raffle for each prize and reward!
To ensure all students and families are included, students can earn raffle tickets in a variety of non-monetary ways.
- Just for being a student (FREE)! Each student will receive raffle tickets just for being a GRE Raccoon. Whoo hoo!
- Just for setting up an account (FREE) in our pledging portal
- For reaching various sharing goals in the pledging portal. Families can easily share pledging links via email and social media (FREE)
- For reaching various fundraising dollar targets
In addition, ALL kids will automatically receive (regardless of individual donation totals):
- Bouncy-House Day on Tues, 10/17!
- Raccoon Run T-Shirt!
- Classroom prizes/rewards for various fundraising goals
- Entire school prizes/rewards for various fundraising goals
To keep things easy, the pledging portal will be the same as last year via MyBooster.com:
- EXTREMELY easy to donate and track progress towards goals with a beautiful, easy-to-use website
- Includes a mobile app!
- INSTANT, automatic matching of pledges by corporate sponsors! GRE keeps 100% of corporate matches! (THIS IS HUGE! Easy to find corporate matching makes a BIG difference)
- EASY creation of unique pledge pages for your kids!
- SIMPLE to share pledge pages with friends and relatives across the country!
Our goal is to raise $50,000 for our Playground Equipment fund!
Key dates to remember:
- Kickoff Day/Pep Rally – Wednesday, 10/4
- Raccoon Run – Thurs, 10/12
We appreciate your support more than you know!